Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DIY Rodarte fall 2010 shoes

I still can't get over how amazing are these Nicholas Kirkwood shoes for Rodarte fall 2010 (1145€ at LuisaViaRoma). Heel looking like covered with melted candle wax is stunning and also pretty DIYable! I decided to try this candle wax thing... though my version isn't definitely that cool and I'm still craving for original version.

But let's start from very beginning. Last week I received huge trash bag full of shoe samples from Vagabond/Bronx/Blink dealer here in Estonia. They thought maybe I want to use shoes as material (leather, chains, zippers, studs and so on) to create something new or try redesigning them. Otherwise these would have been burnt, because shoe samples are actually totally useless. So now.. I have loads of shoes in my room.. and it smells like a shoe store (yuck!). Some of them are from fall 2010 collection and aren't even available for sale yet.
For my luck I got one white shoe by Bronx which was perfect for this Rodarte DIY.



Here it is: (unfortunately I have only one shoe from each pair, as I said - these are just samples)


Start with dripping candle wax. It's easy, just hold a candle and the shoe horizontally.


Actually you can leave it like that but I added some ribbons to make it look more like Rodarte's.