Sunday, June 20, 2010

London&Paris

Here's my today's outfit. You can't see me in black very often but today is one of these days when I'm (almost) all in black. Wearing my new sheer cardigan I scored yesterday.

Since Celine has been becoming one of my favourite fashion houses recently I couldn't been more happier when I found this black Celine coat from thrift store. It's simple and warm but exactly what I need because seems that Estonian summer isn't still here.



/I'm wearing: coat - Celine/thrifted, wolf tee and sheer cardigan - thrift store, armour ring - by Benjamin, wedges - Vagabond/




But before I'm off to a photo shoot I decided to tell you about two books I've read recently. Both are from same series, it means that Estonian people who have moved out from Estonia are telling stories about their lives aboard. 

/>

Minu London (My London) by Anu Samarüütel-Long (be sure to check out her amazing and very inspirational blog - FashionSaboteur)

Wow, I was very excited when I heard about "Minu London" (My London) coming out and that it's written by a fashion designer. Enough to get me interested in. I finished the book with one day it was wonderful. Anu moved to London to study fashion design in Saint Central Martins and for me the chapters about life in school were the most interesting.  Whole book is full of humorous memorys and quirky details about life in London. It's one of these books you can't put down before you're finished and after all gives you a positive feeling!
It also works great as a travel guide if you have already seen or just not interested in usual sigthseeing Buckingham-Big Ben-London bridge. So be sure to read the book before going to London! I would bring out some places to visit but Susie from Stylebubble has already made a wonderful map of London must-go stores and boutiques:
View Larger Map


I also went to the book presentation where Anu told us even more stories and showed loads of photos which weren't in book. I even got my book signed;)
Loe katkendeid raamatust - siin.



Minu Pariis (My Paris) by Urmas Väljaots

Well, it was my third time to read the book and it gets better with every time! Paris, I mean. The book has always been nice reading - funny and enjoyable. It brings out all the discomforts about living in Paris but you'll still love it because - it's Paris!

Both books are available at Rahvaraamat, Apollo and Petrone Print.