Monday, May 31, 2010

ERKI Moeshow 2010

On Saturday I attended ERKI moeshow, fashion show I've been talking about all the time. I ended up being a model for Kristi Pedanik collection "Aafrika valge" (African White). I'm trying to show you bit of life at backstage, ... but I wish I had taken more photos of other collections and people.

So for me the day started at 10am with getting my hair done. I had a huge bun made of fake hair on top of my head. It took lot of time to get all those hair pins and all that hairspray out of my hair. Okay, it wasn't that bad but I can't imagine going through this regularly like real models do.


And for make-up we were having light eyebrows and orange lips.



On our feet and arms we had white tribal paintings.


It was a silent show, so all the sound was coming from headphones. Both - audience and models were wearing headphones. Well, my headphones dropped out during walking on runway - it was really weird to walk in total quietness and I didn't get a right feeling without the music
.



Little bit about Kristi's collection African White. Everything isn't black, Africa is white. As name says everything was white but with few orange accents. As jewelry we wore metres of white cables, wires and even metal forks.



Kersti and me


with designer Kristi


Kristiina, Milen, Reelika, me






Check these pieces from Heli Haav's and Ingrid Paat's collection "Groovy Pool". All beads are handsewn, crazy!



and shoes, shoes, shoes and more shoes!



I was bit sad I couldn't see the show but you can't have many good things at once, right? Anyways I'm happy that this kind of shows take place in Estonia;)